Please note that this article is relevant to public fundraising pages only.
How do I email my backers?
The individuals who’ve already given to your campaign are your biggest supporters, and you can use our platform to blind-email them, which means you can’t see their names and emails, but our system will send whatever email you compose to all of them.
Step by Step
- Log in here. You’ll wind up on your Case Owner Dashboard.
- Click “Email Backers.”
- Once in, click “Draft New Email.” You’ll be able to choose a “from” name, create a subject, and of course type the body text.
- “Submit for approval” when you’re done, and we’ll send it out to everyone!
Getting to your Dashboard after log-in:
When should you email your backers? Some good options are…
- At the end of your campaign’s first day
- 48 hrs in
- At the end of your first week
- At the start of your final week
- With 48 hrs remaining
- With 24 hrs remaining
What should you say? Always start with a “thank you” and then, depending on how your fundraising is going, you might…
- Ask them to share your link on social media
- Ask them to forward this email to 5 friends
- Provide them with a case update to keep them involved
How can I post an update on my CrowdJustice page?
Updates are displayed publicly at the top of your CrowdJustice page. This is a great way to keep your page up to date with the latest news from your campaign or your legal case.
Step by Step
- Log in here. You’ll wind up on your Case Owner dashboard.
- Click “Page Updates”
- Once in, click “Draft a new update now” You’ll be able to choose a title for your update and, of course, type the body text.
- You'll first be able to preview your update before clicking "Post Update" to set it live on your page.
When should you post an update? Some good options are…
- At fundraising milestones, such as 50% funded or 75% funded
- When you have a real update on the legal case e.g. when papers have been filed or when you have a court date
- If you have any press articles of pictures/videos related to your campaign that you want to share with those who come to your page