Information needed before completing the verification process:
Before beginning, please note that you must complete this process in one go. You will not be able to save the information you have added until the end of the process. If you have the information to hand, this process should take no longer than 10 minutes.
In order to ensure that you are able to do this, please have the following information to hand:
Type of business (Individual, company, non-profit)
Companies house registration number (if applicable)
Registered business address
Name, email, date of birth and address of each person that owns 25% or more of the company and/or person on the governing board.
If the firm is owned/governed by a large number of people, Stripe has confirmed that you can provide the details of 2-3 representatives and this will be sufficient for them to complete their verification.
Client account details - this should be the bank account that you want funds raised through CrowdJustice to go to
Please follow these steps to verify your firm:
Log in to CrowdJustice Lawyer Account here. (If you do not already have a Lawyer Account, please follow the link provided to you via email.)
Once logged in, click on “Your Dashboard” in the top right-hand corner of the page.
3. Now you are looking at your Lawyer Dashboard. Click on the “Settings” tab in the left-hand column, and select “Bank Accounts”
4. Click “Add Account” and this will then re-direct you to our FCA-regulated payment processor, Stripe.
5. You should now see this CrowdJustice x Stripe homepage. Please provide your email address.
6. You’ll then be asked for a phone number for verification. This number will be used for 2-Factor Authentication if you need to update your firm’s account in the future.
7. Select the type of business that is applicable to your firm. (Please note that if your firm is a partnership, you should still select “company”. You will then be asked to provide the “business structure” and you can select partnership.)
8. Provide your personal details including your name, date of birth and home address.
9. Provide information about your firm including the name of the firm, the Companies House Registration number, registered business address and link to the firm website.
10. Verify that you represent the firm i.e. that you have significant management control of the business.
11. In the previous step, if you selected that there are other persons in the governing board of the business/owners with more than a 25% share, you will then be required to give their details including date of birth and address. (Please note that if you selected that your firm is a partnership that you may be asked to provide “Business Executives” instead. This means that you should provide information about partners at the firm.)
12. Add your client account details - this should be the bank account that you want any funds raised on CrowdJustice to go to.
13. Don’t forget to hit the save button to complete the process. Once this is done, you will be redirected back to your CrowdJustice account.